- Local News
Adult Division winners in the 2014 Erie Barge Canal Fishing Derby were recognized Sunday at the annual derby banquet at the Gasport Fire Hall. From left, first row, are Middleport's Jessica Doran (bass), North Tonawanda's Carleen Beback (Northern Pike); and Medina's Camille Wells (bullhead); second row, Lockport's Alonzo Maxwell (catfish), North Tonawanda's Mike Boncore (walleye), Williamsville's Bryan Dragan (carp); and Medina's Todd Wells (sheephead). Todd Wells went on to win a drawing among the seven for the derby's grand prize — a new fishing boat, motor and trailer.
Medina man snags top prize
A Medina man was the grand prize winner of a new fishing boat, motor and trailer at the 2014 Erie Barge Canal Fishing Derby Awards Banquet on Sunday at the Gasport Fire Hall.
- LHS grid Lions set to open at the Ralph
- Bills will open camp Sunday
- Ennis earns five-year deal
- Taylor made victory in Florida
- Medina man snags top prize
140613 WW2 JOED VIERA/STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER-Lockport, NY- Stanley Maziarz
Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese
The good news is that after decades of furious growth, obesity rates finally seem to be leveling off in the U.S.. The bad news is that America's youth still appear to be dangerously unaware of the problem.
July 23, 2014
- Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates
- Llama on the loose corralled in Missouri town
- Almost half of America's obese youth don't know they're obese