Lockport Union-Sun & Journal —
• The Olcott Beach Carousel Park will be open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through June for old-fashioned fun. New to the park this year is a 1940s Erie Digger Machine in the arcade. Also new to the park and located in the Skee Ball pavilion is a Pick Up a Duck game, sponsored by the Lockport Optimists Club.
• The Lakeview Village Shoppes are now open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays through Wednesdays and 11 a.m. to dusk Thursdays through Saturdays. You can also hook into free WiFi on the boardwalk. It is a great place to shop, have something to eat and enjoy the Lake Ontario view.
• Learn about Composting Made Easy and no-till gardening this Saturday at Zehr’s on the Lake. Healthy soil grows healthy plants. Learn how to compost with throw-aways and other unique ways to enrich your soil. No-till gardening is fun, easy, and inexpensive. Learn how to create lush garden beds easily. The demo begins at 9:30 a.m.
• Saturday Night Car Cruises continue on Main Street in Olcott. Stroll down from 6 to 9 p.m. and enjoy some of Olcott’s fine eateries and businesses while you’re there. There is no cruise entry fee and free admission for spectators.
• The Newfane Soccer Club is hosting a British Soccer Camp, with coaches from Challenger Sports. The week-long camp runs June 25 to 29 at Krull Park in Olcott. For ages 4 to 6 there is an hour-and-a-half Mini Soccer camp; for ages 7 to 14 there is half-day or full-day camp; for ages 14 to 16 there is a full-day Advanced Training camp. Please go to www.challengersports.com for more information and to register.
• If any group, organization, or business would like to participate in The Olcott Pirates Festival parade on July 7, or the Newfane Town celebration parade on Aug. 18, contact Laura Rutland at 807-1104.