Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — WILSON — The village of Wilson has some furry new residents.
A family of foxes has made a den on Galewood Drive. A total of about six foxes have been spotted together.
Unfortunately, some of the foxes are believed to be infected with mange, a skin disease caused by parasites, which can infect dogs and humans as well.
The village has contacted Wild Kritters of Niagara County to remove the animals safely, village Mayor Bernie Leiker said. The group will also treat the den to kill off the parasites which cause mange.