Lockport Union-Sun & Journal Online

January 18, 2014

Pendleton, Newfane win TEP grants

--
Lockport Union-Sun & Journal

Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — Two transportation-related projects in Niagara County are included in a newly announced round of Transportation Enhancement Program grants by the state Department of Transportation.

The Town of Pendleton will receive $640,153 for the Pendleton Pathway trail expansion project. 

The Town of Newfane will receive $336,880 for streetscape improvements. 

The grants will cover 80 percent of the cost of the projects, according to state Sen. George Maziarz, R-Newfane. The other 20 percent is to be footed by the municipalities.

“These grants were very competitive, as less than 40 percent of the applications were funded,” Maziarz said in a press statement Friday. “With these two projects, nearly a million dollars is coming back to Niagara County to improve our communities.”