City of Lockport
• DWI: John F. Pisarek III, 33, 347 Utica St., upper, Tonawanda, was charged early Friday with driving while intoxicated, first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and failing to stop before making a right on red. Officers stopped to investigate Pisarek’s car in the parking lot of the Ulrich City Center about 2 a.m. Pisarek was reportedly in the car with an unknown woman and told officers he “wasn’t driving anywhere.” Later, officers reportedly saw the same car at the intersection of Pine and Walnut streets, allegedly failing to stop before making a right turn on red. Officers executed a traffic stop. Pisarek allegedly had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech. He allegedly refused to perform field sobriety tests and was found to have a suspended license. He was held in lieu of $750 bail and is due Monday in Lockport City Court.
• DRUGS: Jason D. Castricone, 26, 10665 Maple Ridge Road, Medina, was charged Thursday night with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, speeding and a window tint violation after a traffic stop at South Transit and Ruhlmann roads. Castricone reportedly gave officers permission to search his car. Officers found a white powder substance that field-tested positive for cocaine, the report said. They also reportedly found $4,963 in cash, which was seized as evidence. Castricone was held in lieu of $500 bail and is due Monday in Lockport City Court.
Lockport police charges of possession of a controlled substance, speeding and driving with tinted car windows against Jason D. Castricone of Medina and published in this space on May 9, 2008, were dismissed by the City Court of Lockport two months later. Instead, Castricone was convicted July 14, 2008, of failure to obey a traffic device, given a one-year conditional discharge sentence from the complaint, and paid $200 in fines.
• LARCENY: A Beach Ridge Road man reported Thursday that someone entered his unlocked car overnight and stole a Sony camera with a memory stick, worth $560.
• DAMAGE: A Hess Road man reported Thursday that sometime overnight, a car skidded off the road and onto his property, striking a fire hydrant. Damage to the lawn was estimated at $100. The fire hydrant was pulled from the ground, causing $200 in damages, the report said.
Town of Niagara
• RECKLESS DRIVING: Bryan Keith Harrington, 28, 1253 91st St., Niagara Falls, was charged Thursday evening with reckless driving and speeding after a traffic stop on Lockport Road. Deputies reportedly clocked Harrington’s motorcycle traveling 84 mph in a 35 mph zone on Packard Road. He was released on an appearance ticket and is due June 9 in Niagara Town Court.