City of Lockport
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF: Jason C. Mesler, 23, 2061 Tonawanda Creek Road, Amherst, was charged with second-degree criminal mischief, fourth-degree possession of a weapon and second-degree menacing. Police responded Sunday to a criminal mischief complaint at West Main Street. The owner of Rotten Ink Tattoo said Mesler became angry because he could not get a refund. It is alleged he became highly agitated and threatening. When the owner began to call the police, Mesler allegedly produced a black expandable baton and raised it in a threatening manner. Upon leaving, Mesler reportedly used the baton to shatter the glass door, causing $2,000 in damage. Mesler was located at 1:30 a.m. on Monday on Autumnview Drive and arrested.
• HARASSMENT: Robert Burns IV, 21, 212 Lock St., was charged with second-degree harassment and fourth-degree criminal mischief. Burns and the victim reportedly got into a verbal argument on Market Street. According to the report, Burns put his hands on the neck of the victim, who escaped. Burns allegedly took the victim’s cell phone and threw it in the canal. Burns turned himself in at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday.
• ASSAULT: Joshua A. Gates, 24, 6580 Dysinger Road, Apt. 10, was charged with third-degree assault, third-degree attempted robbery and fourth-degree criminal mischief. Police responded to reported drug activity on Ashley Place. The victim reported that he was walking on Waterman Street when Gates drove up and tried to take his pain medicine. The victim refused and Gates became physical and attacked the victim, tearing his jacket and sweatshirt, according to the report. The victim reportedly was punched in face and knocked to the ground, suffering facial injuries and back pain. He was taken to Eastern Niagara Hospital, Lockport.
• ABANDONED CAR: A Telegraph road man reported a 1997 Taurus was left stuck in the mud on the towpath on the south side of the Erie Canal on Sunday. An unknown person drove down the towpath from the Wruck Road Bridge and left the scene. Patrol were unable to contact the registered owner.
City of Lockport
- Shotgun reported stolen in Gasport
- Police reports published Aug. 1, 2014
- Suspect sought in shootings
- Woman appeals sentence
- Man facing several drug charges
- Police reports published July 31, 2014
- Hit and run with utility pole leaves some Wilson residents without power
- Police reports published July 30, 2014
- Burglars strike twice Monday
- Police reports published online July 29, 2014
- More Crime Headlines