Lockport Union-Sun & Journal
Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — A Lockport man faces up to 20 years in prison and a maximum $1 million fine after admitting his role in a drug ring.
Alfonzo Maye, 41, pleaded guilty before U.S. Magistrate Judge Leslie G. Foschio to conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute cocaine, U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr. announced last week.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Mary Catherine Baumgarten, who handled the case, said Maye distributed cocaine and cocaine base in the Lockport area from June 2009 through August 2010; and the cocaine was supplied to him by co-defendant Eric Williams.
Maye and Williams were among 18 persons scooped up in an August 2010 drug raid that stretched from eastern Niagara County to North Tonawanda.
Maye is one of 22 defendants recently convicted on drug-related charges after an investigation of narcotics trafficking in the Lockport area by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, the FBI and the Niagara County Drug Task Force.
Williams, of Lockport, was sentenced to five years in prison this past September.
Last month, a Gasport man was sentenced to eight months of home confinement and three years of supervised release in the same case. James Dolly, 48, was convicted of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute cocaine and crack cocaine. Dolly distributed the drugs in the Gasport area between June 2009 and August 2010, Hochul’s office said.
Dolly’s supplier, Damian Ard, 32, of Lockport, was convicted earlier this year of conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute cocaine base. Ard faces penalties including 5 to 40 years in jail and/or a fine of up to $5 million when he’s sentenced Jan. 6.