Lockport Union-Sun & Journal Online

January 23, 2013

Wanted city men turn selves in

Lockport Union-Sun & Journal

Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — Two city men, who face felony charges on separated cases, turned themselves into Lockport Police Headquarters in the space of less than 24 hours.

• Joseph Davis Jr., 32, 6556 Lincoln Ave. turned himself in at 10:40 a.m. on Wednesday. Davis was charged with obstruction of governmental administration, resisting arrest, criminal possession of a controlled substance and wearing no seatbelt.

Last Thursday, Davis and George M. Stephens were pulled over on Washburn Street for a traffic violation. Stephens, 32, of Niagara Falls, ran away, was tasered and ran away again before being captured on Elm Court. He was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana, resisting arrest and obstructing governmental administration and the traffic infractions.

During the police pursuit of Stephens, Davis got away. Police, who found crack and marijuana in the rental car, were able to identify Davis who had been charged with second-degree harassment and third-degree menacing last March.

He was at large until Wednesday.

• Corey Arnold, 33, 39 Orchard St., turned himself in at One Lock Plaza at 6:58 p.m. on Tuesday. He was charged with third-degree assault in an incident at the 21st Amendment, 116 Main St. on Sunday.

Detective Kevin Schrader worked with the New York State Division of Parole to identify Arnold, according to Detective/Lt. Scott Seekins. Arnold was not on parole.

"They pieced together what happened," Seekins said. "Nobody knew the whole story."

There were about 20 patrons in the Main Street bar. According to the report, a male, approximately 5-foot-11, wearing a dark hoodie walked up and punched the victim without warning. Allegedly, that was Arnold.

Only one person was responsible, according to Seekins. A second party at the scene was not arrested.

A longtime Lockport business person put up a $1,000 record for the arrest and conviction of the person who was responsible for the attack, but Seekins said, "The reward money issue is up in the air."