Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — School districts in eastern Niagara County will be holding their annual reorganizational meetings next month.
Every year in July, school districts begin the new year with the annual first school board meeting. This year, some local school boards will welcome new members, while saying goodbye to others.
• Lockport City Schools will hold its reorganizational meeting at 6 p.m. July 9 in the district offices, 130 Beattie Ave. Lockport will welcome Todd McNall to the Board of Education as a new trustee while former President Marietta Schrader will return to the board following a two-year absence. They will replace Jon Williams and Edward Sandell who were not re-elected. Trustee Diane Phelps will return.
• Newfane will hold its annual reorganization meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Early Childhood Center, 6048 Godfrey Road, Burt. Newcomers James Schmitt and Donna Lakes will join the Newfane School Board, as incumbent Joseph Flagler was not re-elected and Trustee Frank Westgate did not run. Michele Malone won re-election.
• Starpoint will have its reorganization meeting at 6 p.m. July 9 in the district offices, 4363 Mapleton Road, Pendleton. Starpoint will welcome newcomer Kevin Duffy and welcome back incumbents Dennis Toth, Jeffrey Duncan and Michael Zimmerman to the board.
• Royalton-Hartland will have its reorganization meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the high school, 54 State St., Middleport. Board Vice President Daniel Bragg was re-elected and resident Sara Fry will join the board.
• The Barker Board of Education will have its reorganization meeting at 7 p.m. July 8 in the district offices, 1628 Quaker Road, Barker. Mary Jo Clemens-Harris and incumbent William F. Smith will take a seat on the board.
• Wilson will hold its reorganizational meeting at 7:30 p.m. July 9 at the middle/high school, 374 Lake St., Wilson. President Timothy Kropp, who had been on the board for 18 years, was not re-elected. Member Mark Randall was re-elected and newcomer Amy Phillips will join the school board.