Lockport Union-Sun & Journal
Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — Halloween is Wednesday. Some local municipalities have sanctioned trick-or-treating hours for youths; and in a few places, civic organizations are throwing evening parties for the kids afterward. Here are the details, briefly.
• LOCKPORT: Trick-or-treating, 4 to 7 p.m. in the city and town. A Halloween party, with a performance by “Famous KISS” and a petting zoo to benefit Lakeview Animal Sanctuary, will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. on Livingston Place.
• NEWFANE: Trick-or-treating, 4 to 7 p.m.
• MIDDLEPORT: Trick-or-treating, 5 to 7 p.m. Middleport Volunteer Fire co. will host a party afterward at the fire hall, for youths up to 12 years old.
• ROYALTON: Trick-or-treating, 5 to 7 p.m.
• BARKER: Trick-or-treating, 5 to 7 p.m. A party will be held afterward at Pratt Elementary School.
• WILSON: Trick-or-treating, 4 to 7 p.m. Wilson Lions Club will host a party afterward at Wilson Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1; events include a parade on Young Street and a costume contest.
• ON TV: Lockport Cave is the subject of “Tunnels of Terror,” a new episode of the Syfy channel series Ghost Hunters, at 9 p.m. Wednesday. Says TV Guide: “The team explore an underworld of tunnels in Lockport, N.Y., and uncover stories of a possible murder, numerous deaths and strange goings-on.”