Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — Visitors from a bygone era are “dying” to meet you in a series of dramatic presentations sponsored by Niagara County History Center.
The performances, titled “Step Back In Time,” offer the audience a chance to interact with some of Lockport’s most well known citizens. The cast of characters includes such notables as Jesse Hawley, Aunt Edna Smith, Kate Chase Seymour, Birdsall Holly, Raphael Beck, DeWitt Clinton, Isabella Sutherland and Lyman Spalding.
The S.B.T. players’ summer schedule includes several new performances staged on board the Tour Lockport Trolley. Other re-enactments can be witnessed in local cemeteries. Also returning are several popular walking tours, including the Flight of Five Tour, to be held at 11 a.m. every Saturday during July and August.
Some S.B.T. players are seasoned stage professionals. Others are community residents who decided they were game for trying something new. They’re all directed by History Center volunteers Dianne Koplas and Lois Begley.
Reservations are strongly recommended for most programs and can be made by calling 439-0431. Unless otherwise noted, admission costs $10 per person.
The program schedule is:
• Women of Glenwood Cemetery, 1 p.m. June 30 at the cemetery.
• Flight of Five walking tour, 11 a.m. Saturdays in July and August, starting from Erie Canal Discovery Center, 23 Church St. $5 charge includes admission to the Discovery Center.
• Lockport Trolley, the North End, 1 p.m. July 1.
• Lockport Trolley, Lower Town Residents, 6 p.m. July 11.
• Lockport Trolley, Pine, Willow & Locust Streets, 1 p.m. July 15.
• Main Street Architecture walking tour with Buffalo Tours, 1 p.m. July 19, starting at the Discovery Center. This one’s an educational program with no re-enactors.
• Residents of Cold Spring, noon July 21 at the cemetery. $20 admission includes the tour and a picnic lunch catered by Scapellitti’s.
• Lockport Trolley, the North End, 6 p.m. July 25.
• Lockport Trolley, Market and Chestnut streets, 1 p.m. July 29.
• Art, Architecture and Stone Rubbings at Cold Spring Cemetery, 1 p.m. Aug. 4. No re-enactors take part in this educational program, which features a discussion on funeral art and hands-on stone rubbings.
• Lockport Trolley, Women of Lockport, 6 p.m. Aug. 8.
• Lockport Trolley, the North End, 1 p.m. Aug. 12.
• Lockport Trolley, Art & Politics, 6 p.m. Aug. 22.
• Main Street Architecture walking tour with Buffalo Tours, 1 p.m. Aug. 23, starting from the Discovery Center.
• Lockport Trolley, Pine, Willow & Locust streets, 1 p.m. Aug. 26.
• Men of Glenwood walking tour with Buffalo Tours, 1 p.m. Sept. 8 at the cemetery.