City of Lockport
• DRUG POSSESSION: Eugene F. Russell, 70, 57 Beverly Ave., and Catherine L. Brown, 39, 96 Locust St.., Apt. 8, were each charged Tuesday night with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance after a car Russell was driving was pulled over on Beverly Avenue. Brown, the passenger, was reportedly not wearing a seat belt and was ticketed for a safety belt violation. When she got out of the car, officers reportedly noticed an off-white substance on the floor of the car. The substance tested positive for cocaine, the report said. Russell and Brown both denied ownership of the cocaine. Russell is being held in lieu of $250 bail, and Brown was released on her own recognizance.
• HARASSMENT: Aaron James McGhee, 27, 336 Prospect St., was charged Wednesday morning with second-degree aggravated harassment and second-degree criminal contempt. A Grand Street woman told police McGhee was harassing her family and threw eggs and tacks at her house. McGhee allegedly called the woman in violation of an order of protection against him. One of the calls was reportedly overheard by officers on speaker phone. McGhee was held without bail.
• ROBBERY: Alcides Antonio King, 32, 174 Genesee St., Apt. 2, was charged Tuesday night with second-degree harassment and third-degree robbery. An employee at Rite Aid on South Transit Street told police Tuesday that she saw King place two boxes of Just for Men hair dye in his pockets on Monday. The employee reportedly said that when she asked King to pay for the items, he shoved her. The employee suffered bruising, the report said.
• TRESPASS: Five teens — Kelsea N. Hudson, 17, 5057 Gasport Road, Gasport; Ryan F. Mack, 19, 4816 Beach Ridge Road, Lockport; Joseph A. Wilcox, 17, 6976 E. Canal Road, Lockport; Melissa L. Devine, 16, 110 Corinthia St., Lockport; and Nathan C. Rosenburg, 19, 77 Honorine Drive, Depew — were each charged early Wednesday with trespass. Deputies responded to a report of a suspicious car parked at a Monroe Street construction site and reportedly found Mack, Devine and Hudson inside the site. The teens told deputies Rosenburg and Wilcox had gone ahead into the woods to start a campfire, the report said. Mack reportedly admitted to having a bottle of Bacardi rum in his backpack, and a search of the backpack also yielded a bottle of Smirnoff vodka. Rosenburg and Wilcox were located, and all five teens were issued appearance tickets. Mack was additionally charged with underage possession of alcohol. All five are due July 25 in Pendleton Town Court.
City of Lockport
- Local News
- Super sharing could continue
- 'Clean Sweep' begins Friday
- City files another stay against firefighters
- 'Coffee with a Cop' event being held May 2
- Town may add storage building
- GCC-Medina turning back the clock
- Tech Wars rebuilt
- City looking at pothole solutions
- Van driver knocks out power in Cambria
- City reducing minimum staffing for firefighters
- More Local News Headlines