City of Lockport
• STOLEN CAR: Three people — Devante C. James, 16, 3132 Ninth St., Niagara Falls; Krisean M. Minor, 16, 2008 16th St., Niagara Falls; and Jonathan D. Bersani, 16, 4715 Miller Road, Town of Niagara — were each charged Wednesday with third-degree unauthorized use of a vehicle and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. Officers noticed a suspicious car parked on Genesee Street about 10:24 p.m. A registration check indicated the car had been reported stolen out of the Town of Niagara a few hours earlier. Bersani, the driver, reportedly told officers it was his mother’s car, and he did not have permission to drive it. Minor and James, passengers in the car, were also arrested. They were each held in lieu of $1,000 bail and are due Monday in Lockport City Court.
• LARCENY: John L. Hunt Jr., 32, 93 McIntosh Drive, was charged Thursday with fourth-degree grand larceny. Hunt allegedly stole a family member’s ATM card on July 1 and withdrew $1,250 from the man’s account. An arrest warrant was issued, and Hunt was arrested Thursday in the Town of Tonawanda. He was held without bail.
• LARCENY: A Rochester Street girl told police Wednesday afternoon that someone stole her bike, a blue Roadmaster worth about $300, from outside the Lockport Public Library.
• DRUGS: Dustin T. Peace, 19, 89 Oliver St., was charged Wednesday night with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana. Peace was wanted on a warrant from Lockport City Court. When he was arrested Wednesday, officers reportedly found a clear plastic baggie containing marijuana. He was held in lieu of $250 bail and is due Monday in Lockport City Court.
• LARCENY: A Dysinger Road man reported Tuesday that someone stole a Toshiba laptop from his car, which was parked on South Transit Street. The laptop is worth about $1,119, the report said.
Town of Lockport
• ASSAULT: A Glendale Drive man reported Tuesday night that he had returned from the store with a six pack of beer when he was jumped by three Hispanic men outside his apartment. The man suffered a puncture wound to the lower back of his head, and another to his chest. He was transported by Rural Metro ambulance to Erie County Medical Center for treatment. The man identified three possible suspects, who were brought in for questioning, the report said. The investigation is continuing.
City of Lockport
- Local News
- Van driver knocks out power in Cambria
- City reducing minimum staffing for firefighters
- Speeding leads to drug charges
- Health care changes looming in Middleport
- City Zoning Board approves variances for Hunt buyer
- City jobless rate drops slightly
- 'Phony' traffic stop was not, sheriff says
- Production line up
- Contingent budget would keep levy flat
- Prospective homeowner: Medina's nice, but taxes are scary
- More Local News Headlines