TRICK OR TREAT
Trick-or-Treating hours for area towns are as follows:
• CITY OF LOCKPORT: 4 to 7 p.m.
• TOWN OF LOCKPORT: 4 to 7 p.m.; 5 to 8 p.m. in the Woodlands
• NEWFANE: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• TOWN OF SOMERSET: 5 to 7 p.m.
• VILLAGE OF BARKER: 5 to 7 p.m.
• VILLAGE OF MIDDLEPORT: 5 to 7 p.m.
• WILSON: 4 to 7 p.m.
No set hours for the towns of Cambria, Hartland, Pendleton or Royalton.
The American Red Cross recommends trick-or-treaters follow these rules for a safe Halloween:
• MAP IT OUT: Plan your route ahead of time to make sure you don’t get lost.
• LIGHT IT UP: Bring a flashlight, even though it may be light out when trick-or-treating starts.
• STAY OUTSIDE: Accept treats at the door, and don’t go inside strangers’ homes.
• USE FACE PAINT: Rather than wearing a mask that can restrict your vision, use face paint to enhance your costume.
• REFLECT: Make sure clothing is reflective and can be seen in the dark.
• WALK SAFELY: Use sidewalks and avoid walking in the street. Look both ways when crossing the street, and cross only at corners.
• FIRE SAFETY: Be aware of wigs, costumes and capes that are flammable. Avoid open flames.
• BE CHOOSY: Only visit homes where the porch light is turned on.
n AVOID ANIMALS: Be careful around strange animals, especially dogs.
n SAFE TREATS: Have a grown-up inspect your candy, removing choking hazards or open packages.
This Friday night, the streets will be filled with ghosts and goblins, young and old.
Amidst all the fun and games, local law enforcement will be out and about, hoping to ensure everyone celebrates safely.
The bustle of Halloween every year provides the Niagara County Sheriff’s Department with its second-highest call volume night of the year, second only to the Fourth of July, Sheriff’s Capt. Steven Preisch said.
TRICK OR TREAT
- Local News
- Production line up
- Contingent budget would keep levy flat
- Prospective homeowner: Medina's nice, but taxes are scary
Call it a vote of confidence.
In January, General Motors finished up a $40 million investment in its Lockport Components Holdings plant on Upper Mountain Road. The investment was to help support the launch of a variety of new vehicle programs, mostly centered around the GMC Sierra, the Chevrolet Silverado and Corvette. Work is also involving the new Chevy Cruze and Impala.
- 3 injured in Saturday accident
- Man scams Home Depot|Man scams Home Depot
- LaGrange soil being taken to Covanta
- An Easter surprise
- PILOT revenues increasing in town
- Slow regional job growth continues
- More Local News Headlines