Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — A formal presentation will be made next week at the board’s regular meeting.
Mossell was the only renaming proposal the committee received, which it did from a group of residents in 2012.
Most of Lockport’s buildings are named after an individual, save for the high school and North Park. The school opened as an elementary building in 1940 and was a middle school until the district reorganized in 2011, moving all seventh- and eighth-graders to North Park and calling it a junior high school.Contact reporter Joe Olenick at 439-9222, ext. 6241 or follow him on Twitter @joeolenick.