Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — • Niagara River Region Chamber of Commerce, $2,500 toward installation of digital signage in the new welcome center and production of 2013 promotional materials.
• Niagara USA Chamber, $1,850 toward acquisition of a marketing and communications software program.
• LaSalle Business & Professional Association, $1,500 toward sidewalk rehabilitation in the Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, Business District.
• Highland Community Revitalization Committee, $1,500 toward landscaping and gardening supplies for low-maintenance green spaces, a community vegetable garden and promotional materials.
• Main Street Business & Professional Association, $2,500 toward the placement of U.S. flags on utility poles along Main Street, Niagara Falls, seasonal plantings and two benches for Cenotaph Park, Main Street and Pine Avenue.
• Niagara Street Area Business & Professional Association, $566 toward installation of a business district sign at Niagara Street and Portage Road.
• Town of Niagara Business & Professional Association, $2,500 toward planters, commercial floral pots and replanting of existing hanging planters in the Military Road retail district.
• Chamber of Commerce of the Tonawandas, $1,750 toward the “Walkway to Webster Street” beautification project.
• Downtown Merchants Association of North Tonawanda, $1,372 toward creation of a large business district map, with business listings, for the Gateway Park information kiosk.
The grants are awarded on a competitive basis. Business booster groups around the county sought a combined $47,000 in support for commercial district enhancement projects, according to Kathryn Lance, R-North Tonawanda, chairman of the legislature’s economic development committee.