LOCKPORT — Jim Berry of the Lockport Exchange Club presents Chris Parada of the Historic Palace Theatre with a check for $5,000. According to the executive director, the theater has a goal of raising $10,000 to replace four commercial-sized air conditioning units and additional security for the exterior of the East Avenue building. The Exchange Club would like to challenge other businesses to match or make a donation to the Palace Theatre, which was burglarized last weekend. Donations can be made to Historic Palace Theatre.
- Local News
- Motion made questioning SAFE Act charge
- City school district to review bus runs
- Ice arena scores funding
- FROM THE VALLEY: Uncle Tom's cabin fever Winter time is too much time on a wondering guy's hands.
Ice arena receives state funding
The Lockport Ice Arena & Sports Center will receive $1 million through the Regional Economic Development Council Awards.The funding was announced today by Gov. Andrew Cuomo as part of the $60.8 million awarded to Western New York.
- Attorney expected to be retained
Carmen Presti, backed by a ton of goodwill and driven by persistence, has the go-ahead to build a primate sanctuary in the town, but he still needs help — pro bono work by contractors.
- Attorney in CWM expansion fight to appear in front of county legislature An environmental attorney that has been working to fight the expansion of Chemical Waste Management's bid to expand its landfill will appear in front of the Niagara County Legislature's Administration Committee Tuesday evening.
- FMC investing in Middleport plant
- More Local News Headlines