Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — • Pendleton highway superintendent: Competing for their party line on the general election ballot are Aaron J. Bair of Oakwood Drive, who’s backed by the Democratic party, and incumbent superintendent Jeffrey R. Stowell, who’s backed by the GOP and Independence parties.
• County Conservative committee, City of Lockport, 3rd Ward, 1st district, pick two: Richard Clark of Washington Street, Diane R. Phelps of Outwater Drive, Paul D. Szafranski of Plank Road or Timothy W. Mulvey of Outwater Drive.
• County party committee, City of Lockport, 4th Ward, 3rd district, pick two: Burt J. Marshall of Lincolnshire Drive, Diana L. Chapman of Weld Street or George E. Kugler of Gaffney Road.
• County party committee, Town of Lockport, 1st district: Seeking election to the committee is Timothy J. Glaser of Oliver Street. A write-in blank appears on the ballot as well.
• County party committee, Town of Lockport, 3rd District, pick two: David J. Mongielo of Day Road, Liane M. Mueller of South Royal Parkway or Amanda M. Perilli of Akron Road.
• Judicial delegate, 8th Judicial District, 145th state Assembly District, pick two: Paul A. Lamanna of Grand Island, Daniel L. Weiss of Niagara Falls or William L. Ross of Wheatfield.
• Judicial alternate, 8th Judicial District, 145th state Assembly District, pick two: Kevin M. Backus of Grand Island, Suzette T. Ortt of North Tonawanda or Robert G. Ortt of North Tonawanda.
• Judicial delegate, 8th Judicial District, 146th state Assembly District, pick two: Joel L. Daniels of Getzville, Faye T. Pietrak of Amherst, Nancy O. Joerg of Pendleton or James B. Sobczyk of Pendleton.
• Judicial alternate, 8th Judicial District, 146th state Assembly District, pick two: Shirley A. Raub of Pendleton, Charles S. Mattina of Pendleton, William L. Kindel of Williamsville or Patricia J. Hicks of Getzville.
• Lockport/Pendleton, Niagara County Legislature, 11th District: Incumbent legislator Anthony J. Nemi, I-Lockport, faces a write-in challenge for the Independence line in the general election.