"I saw right away that (the extinguisher) wasn't going to do the job,' he added. "The fire went real quick from there."
Donna Goff told patrol the residence was occupied by only her and her husband.
Extensive damage was done to the residence and Dickinson listed the residence as a total loss.
The Red Cross was contacted to assist the family.
Assisting at the scene were Miller Hose volunteer firefighters. National Grid also responded to the scene.
The cause of the fire is being probed by county fire investigators.