Lockport Union-Sun & Journal
Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — City of Lockport
TRESPASS: Jason C. Cain, 30, 9712 Mountain Road Lower, Middleport was charged with third-degree criminal trespass Tuesday. Police were called to Washburn Street at 1:30 a.m. for a report of a man trying to enter the garage. According to the arrest report, Cain was caught nearby. A motor vehicle belonging to a business was found at the scene. The owner of the company said no one has permission to use the vehicle. An order of protection was requested against Cain.
THEFT OF SERVICE: Patricia Elaine Brown, 40, 55 Flint Hill Drive Salem Woods, Newark, Del. was charged with theft of service Monday. The police responded to South Street at 8:45 p.m. for the report of a woman leaving a cab without paying the fare. Brown was located and transported to the police headquarters without incident.
• UNLAWFUL PHONE USE: Rico L. Freeman, 29, 6118 Ruhlman Road, was charged with operating a motor vehicle while using a cellphone, and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, Monday afternoon on Church Street. A city patrol officer initiated a traffic stop on the alleged violation and determined that Freeman’s driver’s license is suspended, the arrest report said. Freeman received tickets to appear today in City Court.
• ROBBERY: Andrew J. Bailey, 20, 364 Hawley St., was charged with third-degree robbery Monday at police headquarters. Bailey is accused of throwing a female acquaintance to the ground, taking her pursue and fleeing while the pair walked along Church Street on Aug. 1, according to the arrest report. Bailey turned himself in, the report noted.
• DWI: Leivaunte D. Dortch, 20, 630 15th St., Niagara Falls, was charged with driving while intoxicated early Sunday on South Transit Street. A patrol officer initiated a traffic stop after Dortch allegedly failed to stop at a stop sign at South Transit and Niagara streets. Dortch showed signs of intoxication as he spoke with the officer, the arrest report said. Dortch received tickets to appear Monday in City Court.
Town of Lockport
• CONTRABAND: Jeanine L. Burton, 23, 6558 Lincoln Ave., and Jonathan Singletary, 19, 212 85th St., Niagara Falls, both inmates of Niagara County Jail, were charged with possessing prison contraband Sunday. At the jail, a correction officer observed Burton pass a folded-paper packet to Singletary and the packet contained several pieces of a white, rock-like substance, according to the arrest report. Burton and Singletary both were arraigned in Town Court and were ordered to return Thursday. Drug possession charges may be filed based on results of testing of the white substance, the report said.
• LARCENY: A property owner in the 6600 block of Rapids Road reported her purse was taken by someone who smashed the passenger-side window of her 2008 Dodge Caravan overnight Saturday-Sunday. The purse contained valuables including $250 cash, credit cards, identification cards and broken jewelry worth an estimated $300, according to the sheriff’s incident report.
• MISCHIEF: A commercial trailer owner reported that the refrigeration unit on the trailer was turned off without his knowledge sometime overnight Sunday-Monday, while the trailer was parked in the 6600 block of Ridge Road. The trailer contained a supply of candy, which did not appear to have spoiled due to the lack of refrigeration, according to the sheriff’s incident report. The trailer owner is a Newfane resident.
• LARCENY: A tenant of 6150 Prospect St. reported a bicycle was taken from behind the apartment house sometime overnight Saturday-Sunday. The purple bicycle is valued at $150, according to the sheriff’s incident report.
• LARCENY: A Lockport resident reported $450 cash was taken from her purse by an acquaintance Saturday evening as the two sat in her vehicle on Grace Avenue. The male suspect allegedly grabbed the cash from the victim’s purse, fled the vehicle and ran behind a residence in the 2600 block. The victim is pursuing charges, according to the sheriff’s incident report.
• MISSING FIREARM: A property owner in the 3700 block of Ridge Road reported a rifle was taken from an unlocked vehicle on his property some time between 6 p.m. Friday and 4 p.m. Sunday. The 22-caliber Mossberg camouflage rifle was stored behind the bench seat of the owner’s pickup; the rifle has a scope and was unloaded, according to the sheriff’s incident report. A cooler bag containing miscellaneous papers and .22 ammunition also is missing from the truck, the report said. The owner discovered the thefts on Sunday after finding a screwdriver on the pickup’s front seat that does not belong to him, the report said.
• DRUG POSSESSION: Andrea L. Dunch, 25, 4482 Plank Road, Lockport, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, operating a motor vehicle with obstructed vision and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation Saturday morning after a traffic stop in the 3600 block of Lower Mountain Road. A sheriff’s deputy determined that Dunch’s driver’s license is suspended and, in the course of searching Dunch’s purse, found several prescription pills in a bottle belonging to someone else, the arrest report said. Also, the deputy said, Dunch possessed a bottle of Oxycodone pills, the prescription written to her but the bottle half-full despite the fact the prescription had been filled only five days earlier. Dunch received tickets to appear in Town Court on Aug. 13.