Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — Town of Lockport
• CONTRABAND: Jeanine L. Burton, 23, 6558 Lincoln Ave., and Jonathan Singletary, 19, 212 85th St., Niagara Falls, both inmates of Niagara County Jail, were charged with possessing prison contraband Sunday. At the jail, a correction officer observed Burton pass a folded-paper packet to Singletary and the packet contained several pieces of a white, rock-like substance, according to the arrest report. Burton and Singletary both were arraigned in Town Court and were ordered to return Thursday. Drug possession charges may be filed based on results of testing of the white substance, the report said.
• LARCENY: A property owner in the 6600 block of Rapids Road reported her purse was taken by someone who smashed the passenger-side window of her 2008 Dodge Caravan overnight Saturday-Sunday. The purse contained valuables including $250 cash, credit cards, identification cards and broken jewelry worth an estimated $300, according to the sheriff’s incident report.
• MISCHIEF: A commercial trailer owner reported that the refrigeration unit on the trailer was turned off without his knowledge sometime overnight Sunday-Monday, while the trailer was parked in the 6600 block of Ridge Road. The trailer contained a supply of candy, which did not appear to have spoiled due to the lack of refrigeration, according to the sheriff’s incident report. The trailer owner is a Newfane resident.
• LARCENY: A tenant of 6150 Prospect St. reported a bicycle was taken from behind the apartment house sometime overnight Saturday-Sunday. The purple bicycle is valued at $150, according to the sheriff’s incident report.
• LARCENY: A Lockport resident reported $450 cash was taken from her purse by an acquaintance Saturday evening as the two sat in her vehicle on Grace Avenue. The male suspect allegedly grabbed the cash from the victim’s purse, fled the vehicle and ran behind a residence in the 2600 block. The victim is pursuing charges, according to the sheriff’s incident report.