Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — City of Lockport
DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Bruno Marotta III, 53, 331 E. Union St. was charged with disorderly conduct Sunday afternoon. Marotta is due in City Court on Jan. 22.
UNLICENSED OPERATION: Justin Bond, 27, 3901 Lockport Olcott Road, Olcott, was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle Jan. 11 on North Transit Street. Bond was due in City Court on Monday.
Town of Lockport
CRIMINAL MISCHIEF: Dakota Sherwin, 17, of Lyndonville, was charged with criminal mischief and unauthorized use of a vehicle Sunday. Sherwin received an appearance ticket from New York State Police.
DWI: Aaron L. Hemry, 34, of Lockport, was charged with driving while intoxicated late Sunday on South Transit Road. Hemry received an appearance ticket, according to New York State Police.
DWI: Jeffrey W. Saraf, 47, 61 Morrow Ave., Lockport, was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving while ability impaired by the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument and vehicle-and-traffic law violations the afternoon of Jan. 10 in the 5700 block of South Transit Road. Saraf was held on $250 police bail ahead of a scheduled Jan. 21 appearance in Town Court.
PROPERTY DAMAGE: A Lockport man reported two passenger-side tires on his Ford Fusion were blown out after his vehicle struck a large pothole in east lane of South Transit Road near Robinson Road on Jan. 11. A Niagara County Sheriff's deputy estimated the pothole, in front of One Eyed Jacks restaurant, is about two feet wide and six inches deep. The state department of transportation was notified and a traffic cone was placed in the pothole to alert other drivers to its presence, the sheriff's office said.
TRESPASS: Michael J. Crafts, 33, of Middleport, was charged with third-degree criminal trespass Sunday. According to New York State Police, Crafts received an appearance ticket.
FIRE: A small fire broke out in an attached garage under construction in the 7100 block of West Somerset Road on Sunday afternoon. According to the sheriff's office, a pile of hay on the dirt floor, kept as bedding for a dog, caught fire; an extension cord laying across the pile of hay is the apparent cause. The homeowner reported a snowblower and a lawnmower accessory were damaged by the fire, but no structural damage was sustained. Miller Hose personnel turned out to ensure the fire was completely extinguished.