Lockport Union-Sun & Journal Online

April 2, 2013

BLOTTER: Police reports published April 2

Lockport Union-Sun & Journal

Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — Lockport

SHOPLIFTING: Wilbert Honore, 52, 824 S. Main St., Medina, was charged with petit larceny Monday afternoon. Honore is accused of taking two bags full of fish from Pets Plus, West Avenue. The value of the fish is $140, according to the arrest report. Honore was held on $200 police bail ahead of Wednesday arraignment in City Court.

HARASSMENT: David L. Serrano, 41, 59 Allen St., was charged with second-degree harassment and second-degree criminal contempt Monday. In a court proceeding with his ex-companion, who complained Serrano had violated terms of a stay-away order numerous times, Serrano allegedly called the ex-companion a vulgar name, according to the arrest report. The Niagara County victims advocate who witnessed the name-calling asserted it violated terms of the stay-away order, the report said. Serrano, who currently is an inmate at Niagara County Jail, was arraigned Monday in City Court.

POSSESSION: Matthew J. Lequeux, 21, 294 Washburn St., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and third-degree criminal contempt, and Brittany A. Doxey, 20, 4 John St., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana Sunday evening after a police-initated traffic stop at Hawley and Green streets. A patrol officer saw the pair riding in a vehicle on Hawley Street and knew Lequeux was the subject of a stay-away order previously granted to Doxey, the arrest report said. While talking with the pair, the officer saw a quantity of suspected marijuana laying on the floor of the vehicle. Lequeux was held without bail pending Wednesday arraignment in City Court. Doxey was given an appearance ticket.

D.W.I.: Edward K. Washburn Jr., 34, 364 Hawley St., was charged with driving while intoxicated early Sunday on Prentice Street. Police canvassed the neighborhood after an anonymous call suggesting one or more people were almost struck by an apparently drunk driver. Washburn’s vehicle matched the description and an officer initiated a traffic stop after observing it failed to stop at a stop sign. Washburn exhibited signs of alcohol intoxication and was charged, the arrest report said. Washburn was held on $250 police bail ahead of his Monday arraignment in City Court.

DISORDERLY: James J. Morse, 40, 85 Waterman St., was charged with disorderly conduct, violating the city noise ordinance and violating the local ban on open burning late Friday. Police and firefighters were called to Morse’s residence to put out a bonfire behind the house and Morse was verbally abusive toward the responders, according to the arrest report. Morse was held on $200 police bail ahead of arraignment today in City Court.

HARASSMENT: Michael A. Russell, 21, 270 Washburn St., was charged with second-degree harassment this past Friday. A John Street resident complained that while he was walking on Washburn Street on March 27, Russell confronted him and punched him on the head with a closed fist, the arrest report said. Russell was held without bail before his Monday arraignment in City Court.

D.W.I.: Jeffrey J. Cervone, 44, 338 Skye Road, Basom, was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation and two moving violations early Sunday on Lincoln Avenue. A sheriff’s deputy doing routine road patrol observed Cervone’s vehicle being operated without headlights and also observed the vehicle pass through a red light, the sheriff’s report said. The deputy initiated a traffic stop and determined Cervone showed signs of intoxication. Later testing showed Cervone’s blood alcohol content was 0.19 percent, the report said. Cervone confessed his driver’s license is revoked, the report said. Cervone was held on $250 bail pending arraignment today in Town Court.

POSSESSION: Samuel A. Figueroa, 30, 1269 Norwood Drive, was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, this past Friday evening. According to New York State Police, Figueroa took a transmitter from Walmart, and a pair of earphones and an Invisible Screen from Radio Shack, South Transit Road, and could not produce receipts for the goods when he was confronted at Radio Shack. While being processed, Figueroa was found in possession of a quantity of hydrocodone tabs for which he did not have a prescription, police said. Figueroa was given tickets to appear in Town Court on April 25.