Lockport Union-Sun & Journal
Lockport Union-Sun & Journal —
City of Lockport
• MENACING: Jeremy S. Hoover, 29, 140 Jackson St., Apt. 1, was charged Sunday with second-degree menacing. Hoover is accused of threatening a neighbor with a shotgun, according to police. Hoover is due this week in City Court.
• HARASSMENT: Brandon S. Smith, 27, 53 Elmwood Ave., lower, was charged Sunday with second-degree harassment and traffic infractions. Smith, the subject of an arrest warrant accusing him of harassing a West Avenue woman, was stopped by city police as he he rode a bicycle on Orchard Street. The patrol officer ticketed Smith for failure to use a bicycle lane and bicycle equipment failure.
• CONTEMPT: Mark D. Lockhart, 44, 185 Washburn St., Apt. 7, was charged Sunday with second-degree criminal contempt. A Lockport woman claims Lockhart left 12 voicemail message and numerous text messages on her phone in a matter of a few hours, despite a full stay-away order of protection, police said.
• TRESPASS: Mark J. Jacobs, 36, 84 North Adam St., Apt. 2, was charged Monday with second-degree criminal trespassing. Jacobs is accused of trying to enter a Spruce Street home through a bedroom window, then banging on the front door after the homeowner shut the window. The homeowner fled when Jacobs entered the home, police said. Jacobs turned himself in at police headquarters.
• MENACING: Jerald R. Woods, 23, 589 D St., Niagara Falls, was charged Monday with third-degree menacing and second-degree harassment. Woods is accused of threatening to punch a Dayton Street woman, then grabbing and shoving her, police said. Woods is due in city court this week.
Town of Lockport
• DRUGS: David S. Gross, 26, of Lockport, was charged Friday with petit larceny, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic needle. Gross received tickets to appear in town court, according to New York State Police.
• DWI: Joseph C. Nugent, 46, 4750 Ide Road, was charged Saturday with driving while intoxicated and a Leandra's Law violation. Nugent reportedly was the driver of, and his daughter was a passenger in, a vehicle involved in an accident in the area of Ide and Maple roads around 4:45 p.m. Saturday. While investigating the accident, a Niagara County deputy found an empty beer can in Nugent's vehicle, the sheriff's office said. Nugent, who was injured in the accident, was taken by Mercy Flight to Erie County Medical Center, where he was interviewed and charged. Nugent declined to submit to chemical/blood testing, the sheriff's office said. Nugent received tickets to appear Oct. 8 in Wilson Town Court.
• HARASSMENT: Courtney L. Dunlap, 38, 5585 Stone Road, Lockport, was charged Sunday with second-degree harassment. Dunlap is accused of yelling profanities at and striking a Young Street woman, according to the sheriff's office. A third party tried breaking up the altercation and also was struck by Dunlap, the arrest report said. Dunlap received a ticket to appear Oct. 8 in Wilson Town Court.