• BURGLARY: Jared G. Scheeler, 20, 6851 Akron Road, Lockport, was charged with third-degree burglary, criminal mischief and possession of burglar tools Friday. Security staff at Niagara County Community College were notified Friday morning that a male had been discovered in the mechanical room on the roof of a school building. Scheeler, the suspected party, was found on school property and was taken to the security office before the sheriff’s office was called. A compressor in the mechanical room reportedly was damaged. Scheeler was arraigned in Cambria town court and was ordered held on $750 bail.
Town of Lockport
• CARBON DIOXIDE: A Minnick Road family suffered from symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning Friday, according to the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office. South Lockport Volunteer Fire Company, Rural Metro and a sheriff’s deputy responded to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm about 3 p.m. The elderly homeowners and their visiting son were evacuated into the garage. Firefighters detected dangerous carbon monoxide levels in the basement of the home, the sheriff’s office said. NYSE&G was called to find and address the source.