Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — • LARCENY: A homeowner in the 5000 block of Escarpment Drive reported a stereo was taken out of an unlocked vehicle on the property overnight Friday-Saturday. The homeowner said he was awakened around 4:45 a.m. Saturday, looked outside and saw a light on in a second unlocked vehicle. Nothing was reported missing from that vehicle, according to the sheriff's office.
• D.W.I.: Daniel C. Stroyan, 61, 1178 Hartland Road, Barker, was charged with driving while intoxicated Friday evening in the 2100 block of Saunders Settlement Road. A sheriff's patrol officer initiated a traffic stop on Stroyan's vehicle while investigating a report of a reckless driver, and determined that Stroyan exhibited signs of alcohol intoxication, according to the sheriff's office. After Stroyan was taken into custody, chemical testing showed his blood alcohol content measured 0.11 percent, the arrest report said. Stroyan was held on $250 bail ahead of a Tuesday appearance in Lewiston Town Court.
• LARCENY: A resident in the 100 block of New Road reported a quantity of firewood was removed from her property sometime between late Thursday and early Saturday. About 60 pieces of firewood were taken from a stack on the west side of the residence, according to the sheriff's office. The owner estimated the value of the wood at $30.
• VANDALISM: A resident in the 200 block of Maple Street reported the front and rear passenger-side tires on his parked vehicle were slashed sometime overnight Sunday-Monday. The Goodyear tires on the 2007 gray Jeep Commander are valued at $250, according to the sheriff's office.
• BURGLARY: A resident in the 200 block of Maple Street reported on Monday that his home was burglarized some time between Aug. 14 and Aug. 16 while he was away. According to the sheriff's incident report, the front door of the residence was forced open and the inside residential door appeared to have been pried open. Missing items included four pounds of ground beef and two 12-packs of Pepsi cola, the homeowner said. A neighborhood resident provided the sheriff's office with leads regarding the possible identity of culprits, according to the report; the case was to be referred to the Criminal Investigation Bureau. Property damage tied to the break-in is estimated at $140.
• LARCENY: A resident in the 7300 block of Paddock Ridge Drive reported a cell phone charger and $10 cash were taken from an unlocked vehicle on the property overnight Friday-Saturday.
• LARCENY: A resident in the 7100 block of Creekbend Drive reported roughly $10 cash, in bills and coins, was taken from an unlocked vehicle on the property overnight Friday-Saturday.