Lockport Union-Sun & Journal
Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — City of Lockport
• D.W.I: Joseph A. D’Angelo, 20, 7207 Akron Road, was charged with driving while intoxicated Sunday. A Lockport patrol officer initiated a traffic stop on D’Angelo’s vehicle for an alleged equipment violation on South Street, and determined that D’Angelo exhibited signs of alcohol intoxication, according to the arrest report. D’Angelo is due in City Court this week.
• ALCOHOL: Christian M. Hiam, 17, 225 South Transit St., and Richard N. Powell, 17, 292 Cottage St., both were charged with underage possession of an alcoholic beverage Monday. While investigating a reported theft from a Cottage Street residence, an officer spoke with the youths and found a bottle of liquor that they had allegedly consumed, according to the arrest reports. Hiam and Powell are due in City Court this week.
Town of Lockport
• SHOPLIFTING: Joseph P. Ginty, 57, 238 East Ave., was charged with petit larceny Aug. 23 at Tops Markets, Rochester Road. Store security personnel identified Ginty as having left the store with a case of Labatt Blue beer and a container of peanuts for which he did not pay, according to the arrest report. Ginty received a ticket to appear in Town Court on Sept. 12.
POSSESSION: Nicole A. Edmister, 37, Middleport was charged Monday with petit larceny, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic needle. New York State Police said Edmister was given an appearance ticket on South Transit Road.
MARIJUANA: Anthony J. Iadresin, 18, Lockport was charged Monday with unlawful possession of marijauna and a seat belt violation. New York State Police said Iadresin was given an appearance ticket on South Transit Road.
• LARCENY: Jamal Harris-Martin, 24, 191 Orange St., Buffalo, was charged with petit larceny Aug. 22. Sheriff’s deputies said Harris-Martin was seen entering Niagara County Community College’s bookstore and putting an engineering textbook in his backpack, then leaving the store without paying for it. Harris-Martin received a ticket to appear in Town Court this week. The textbook is valued at $220.80.
• LARCENY: Joshua Herman, no age given, 5840 Robinson Road, Lockport, and Dalton E. Kinley, 18, 6644 Bear Ridge Road, Lockport, were charged with trespassing and petit larceny Aug. 22. A sheriff’s deputies responded to a complaint about two youths breaking into vehicles in the area of Ridgeview and Edgewater drives. According to the arrest report, a deputy followed shoe tracks to Bear Ridge Road, where another deputy soon initiated a traffic stop on Herman’s vehicle. Inside the vehicle police found a black sock containing $19.17 in loose change, which Herman admitted he had taken from a vehicle on Edgewood Drive. As Herman was being questioned, Kinley was seen walking along the road and acknowledged to a deputy that police likely were looking for him. The report said Kinley admitted that he also had entered a vehicle, on Ridgeview Drive, taken loose change from it and then lost the change while he was running away from the scene. Herman and Kinley both were held on $250 bail ahead of their Wednesday appearances in Town Court.
• D.W.I.: Nicholas Criswell, 27, 8519 Ertman Road, was charged with driving while intoxicated, leaving an injury accident and operating an unregistered all-terrain-vehicle Sunday. A sheriff’s deputy was called to Criswell’s home, where Criswell appeared to have a head injury. Criswell claimed his ATV and another had collided on Block Church Road, causing him to be ejected from the vehicle and lose consciousness temporarily. Upon awakening, Criswell said, he went home. Criswell admitted he’d consumed about seven beers before driving the vehicle, the arrest report said. Criswell was examined by Rural Metro and was taken to Erie County Medical Center. Criswell was charged with D.W.I. after failing a pair of field sobriety tests at the hospital, the report said. Criswell received tickets to appear Tuesday in Town Court.