Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — City of Lockport
• D.W.I.: Thomas M. Cary, 58, 5714 Otto Park Place, lower, was charged Tuesday with driving while intoxicated. According to the arrest report, Cary was stopped at 8:15 p.m. on West Avenue. Officers said he had slurred speech and a strong odor of alcoholic beverage. He failed field sobriety tests.
• MENACING: Jeremy S. Hoover, 29, 140 Jackson St., Apt. 1, was charged Sunday with second-degree menacing. Hoover is accused of threatening a neighbor with a shotgun, according to police. Hoover is due this week in City Court.
• HARASSMENT: Brandon S. Smith, 27, 53 Elmwood Ave., lower, was charged Sunday with second-degree harassment and traffic infractions. Smith, the subject of an arrest warrant accusing him of harassing a West Avenue woman, was stopped by city police as he he rode a bicycle on Orchard Street. The patrol officer ticketed Smith for failure to use a bicycle lane and bicycle equipment failure.
• CONTEMPT: Mark D. Lockhart, 44, 185 Washburn St., Apt. 7, was charged Sunday with second-degree criminal contempt. A Lockport woman claims Lockhart left 12 voicemail message and numerous text messages on her phone in a matter of a few hours, despite a full stay-away order of protection, police said.
• TRESPASS: Mark J. Jacobs, 36, 84 North Adam St., Apt. 2, was charged Monday with second-degree criminal trespassing. Jacobs is accused of trying to enter a Spruce Street home through a bedroom window, then banging on the front door after the homeowner shut the window. The homeowner fled when Jacobs entered the home, police said. Jacobs turned himself in at police headquarters.
• MENACING: Jerald R. Woods, 23, 589 D St., Niagara Falls, was charged Monday with third-degree menacing and second-degree harassment. Woods is accused of threatening to punch a Dayton Street woman, then grabbing and shoving her, police said. Woods is due in city court this week.