SALT LAKE CITY — The number of people stopped from buying guns through the U.S. background check system hit an all-time high of more than 300,000 last year amid a surge of firearm sales, according to new records obtained by the group Everytown for Gun Safety.
WASHINGTON — Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell on Tuesday responded to concerns from Republican lawmakers about spiking inflation by reiterating his view that current price increases will likely prove temporary.
WASHINGTON — The U.S. government is stepping up efforts to get younger Americans vaccinated for COVID-19 as the White House acknowledges it will miss two key vaccination benchmarks and as concern grows about the spread of a new variant that threatens to set the country back in the months ahead.
This Week's Circulars
- Lockport man charged after assault victim treated at ENH
- Falls woman charged after throwing caged dog into swimming pool
- Winning Take 5 lottery ticket sold in Lockport
- Community comes together to remember Jacob Minnick
- Lockport teen drowns in Tonawanda Creek near Indian Falls
- Fatima Hodge seeks to ensure son's tragedy is never repeated
- Sounding off on Somerset solar
- Bent's Opera House reopening next week in Medina
- Youngstown man killed in Lewiston crash
- State calls for changes following Hodge death
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.