ROMULUS, Mich. — The strike against General Motors by the United Auto Workers is playing out amid a corruption scandal inside the UAW that has caused distrust of the union leadership among many rank-and-file members.
Niagara County lawmakers are considering the approval of a local law that would allow them to disqualify the lowest bidder for public contracts — if the respondent is deemed an irresponsible company.
ALBANY — Upstate governments and school districts have faced dozens of attacks this year from hackers trying to penetrate their computer systems with damaging ransomware that can leave confidential information vulnerable, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-NY, warned Wednesday.
A Newfane woman is facing felony charges for drugged driving with two children in her car.
MIDDLEPORT — A team of agriculture education students from Royalton Hartland High School will represent New York State FFA at the National Contest and Expo, National FFA Convention and Expo, next month in Indianapolis.
Picketers march in front of the GM Powertrain Tonawanda Engine Plant in the Town of Tonawanda Monday morning. United Auto Workers 774 members went on strike after midnight on Monday. Tonawanda workers said temporary employee pay was an issue.
This Week's Circulars
- Arbitrator: City needs to return to nine-man firefighter shifts
- About 50 picketers marching at Lockport GM plant
- Strike shuts down Lockport, Tonawanda plants
- Fatal one-car crash in Wilson investigated
- JOE MAHONEY'S ALBANY NOTEBOOK; Confiscation push opens Pandora's Box for anti-gun Democrats
- HAAK KICKS OFF NEW GENERATION
- Differing plans for fire department staffing
- 7 bridges in eastern Niagara labeled 'poor'
- Forecasts show Lake Ontario could be higher in early 2020 than in 2019
- State representatives respond to lobbying report