BUFFALO — The Western New York COVID-19 Community Response Fund awarded nearly $1 million to 47 nonprofit organizations, including several in Niagara County, in the month of May.
- Note to Union Sun readers
- WNY phase 2 timeline not certain
- Late hitch in reopening timetable irks upstate leaders
- Eastern Niagara Hospital sues for CARES Act funding
- Niagara County announced two more COVID-19 deaths
- Trump speculates that China released virus in lab 'mistake'
- Three Niagara County committees to focus on COVID-19 impact and reopening plan.
Right to the end, Dena Armstrong was still holding out hope. This was the Porter Cup, after all, which isn’t so much a golf tournament as a civic treasure. There had to be a way to make sure that the event would go on as planned from July 22-25 at the Niagara Falls Country Club.
Lockport - In early March of 2020, in anticipation of the growing pandemic and to meet the needs of the community, Niagara Hospice House converted four of its 10 general inpatient suites into negative pressure rooms with negative pressure anterooms.
There’s no denying that the world has been upended, and you’re using myriad coping mechanisms until you’ll be able, paraphrasing Monty Python, to once again “look on the bright of life.”
The Niagara Falls School District originally expected to begin mailing out ballots for the June 9 budget vote and school board election this past Tuesday.
An unprecedented response to the COVID-19 pandemic during election cycles is to mandate all voting be done by absentee ballots. Local school districts are implementing Governor Andrew M. Cuomo's executive order making this year's school budget vote and trustee elections by mail. Election day…
This Week's Circulars
of Newfane, NY, passed away on Tuesday, May 26, 2020. Please visit langefuneralhomeinc.com for complete obituary and to offer condolences.
- Better Homes and Gardens picks Lockport front yard as contest finalist
- Two GM workers test for COVID
- Lockport school officials send out inaccurate mailer on upcoming vote
- Coulter Farms looking for new owners
- Newfane Rehab resident disputes attorney's claim
- Attorney: No active virus cases at Newfane Rehab
- NT police investigating three people found dead in residence
- District spending $8,600 to send new postcards
- Three dead in apparent overdose in North Tonawanda
- Cause sought in Brickyard fire; owners vow 'We will be back'