ALBANY — State support for public schools would increase to $31.2 billion in the coming year, reflecting a 7% boost from the current level, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Tuesday in presenting her proposed budget for the fiscal year beginning April 1.
Marissa Hammond didn’t sugar coat any of her experience with the Lockport City School District.
ALBANY — New York's premiere economic development agency came under fire at a legislative hearing Friday for awarding billions of dollars worth of incentives to private corporations without determining what the returns on those investments should be.
Assemblyman Michael Norris and Senator Rob Ort Presented Associate Editor Joyce Miles, a 30-year veteran editor at the Lockport Union Sun & Journal, with proclamations honoring the paper's 200th anniversary on opening day of an exhibition at the Kenan Center.
This Week's Circulars
- Travel ban in City of Lockport, travel advisory issued by Niagara County
- Bills fans rise up after $3,000 worth of equipment stolen from Lockport tailgaters
- Fatal stabbing suspect sought in Wheatfield
- Shared wisdom keeps Newfane wrestling machine churning
- Sullivan: As Darryl Talley proved, embracing Buffalo elements a path toward Bills immortality
- Sabato: There's no questioning Josh Allen's superstar status
- Area farmers share fears about a lower overtime threshold
- Joseph Belstadt sentenced to 25 years to life
- Suspect in fatal Wheatfield stabbing charged
- State OKs industrial wind facility in Orleans County
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.