City of Lockport
• CHARGED: Karl H. Smith, 53, 91 Locust St., Apt. B, was charged with disorderly conduct. According to the report, Smith was trying to get into Gonzo’s as it was being closed Saturday morning. He was told to go home but appeared to be intoxicated and was uncooperative with police. He was told several times to leave the area, but stood in the middle of the roadway and began yelling obscenities, said reports.
• CHARGED: Robert L. Webb, 38, 274 Washburn St. Apt. 2 charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and a pedestrian violation; Richard N. Bishop, 19, 247 Washburn St., Apt. 1, and Christopher A. Saddler, 25, 3 Lydon Dr., Albion were charged with pedestrian violations. Police saw three males walking west on Genesee Street at 11:40 p.m. Friday. Officers said they found 10 individually wrapped bags of marijuana in Webb’s jacket.
• CHARGED: Gary S. Freischlag, 39, 4281 Chestnut Road, Wilson, was charged with third-degree assault and third-degree menacing. Freischlag turned himself in at police headquarters Thursday for an alleged incident Dec. 5. The victim said when she arrived at her Lockport home Dec. 5, there was a van in the driveway and Freischlag was packing his belongings. There was an argument and the victim was pushed against the wall and the floor, according to reports. An order of protection was signed. The victim reported wrist, ankle and rib injuries.
Town of Lockport
• CHARGED: Jedidiah J. Aikin, 23, 630 16 St. Niagara Falls, was charged with driving without an inspection certificate and unlawful possession of marijuana. The Lockport police responded to Otto Park Place for a vehicle parked in the roadway at 3:26 a.m. Saturday. Officers said they found a clear plastic bag containing a green leafy substance in the center console. Aikin’s vehicle inspection was expired.
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF: A Hess Road man reported that someone put suspected sugar in his gas tank sometime overnight Friday and the pickup would not start. A witness saw a suspect.
City of Lockport
This Week's Circulars
Alice Mae Meyer, April 3, 2020. Predeceased by husband, Charles Meyer, Sr. on June 14, 2019; survived by eight children, 28 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. Visit pruddenandkandt.com for full obit.
Passed away on March 27th. Son of Mabel "Jean" Schoelles and the late George, Sr. Services private at family's convenience. Online condolences at pruddenandkandt.com.
- Lockport City Clerk dismissed
- EULOGY FOR KING COAL: The senseless shuttering of Somerset station
- Newfane's proud wrestling tradition three decades in the making
- Updated Niagara County virus location map shows five new cases
- Niagara County jumps to 91 confirmed virus cases
- ENH offering drive-up urgent care site
- Ventilators to be redistributed downstate
- Lockport officials reject bid to appeal ruling on fire staff
- Confirmed virus cases surpass 100 in Niagara County
- A difficult road to getting a COVID-19 test