City of Lockport
• HARASSMENT: Shaheeda A. Nieves, 22, 13 William St., Apt. 6, was charged Monday with second-degree harassment. Nieves allegedly bit and scratched a Prospect Street man during a domestic dispute. After her arrest, Nieves reportedly appeared to be having an anxiety attack and was having trouble breathing. Lockport Fire Department personnel responded and examined her, the report said.
• HARASSMENT: Richard A. Ortiz, 36, 6558 Lincoln Place, Apt. B, was charged Monday with second-degree harassment. Ortiz allegedly struck an Erie Street woman in the face, causing pain and redness. The woman said Ortiz left the home in his car. The woman refused medical attention, the report said. Ortiz turned himself in at the Lockport Police Department on Monday. He was held without bail.
Town of Lockport
• BURGLARY: An Evergreen Drive man reported Monday that sometime Sunday afternoon, someone forced entry into his home and stole a Game Cube game system and a Mickey Mantle baseball card, together worth about $500. The damage to the side door of the home and a closet door was estimated at $150, the report said.
• HARASSMENT: Bobby R. Hunt, 16, 6395 Old Niagara Road, was charged Monday with second-degree harassment. Hunt, a resident at Wyndham Lawn, allegedly pushed a teacher in the hallway after threatening to punch him. Hunt was held in lieu of $100 bail.
• LARCENY: The owner of the Country Cottage restaurant on Beach Ridge Road reported Monday that he’d placed Friday’s deposit, about $2,565 in cash, in a black backpack with the intent of depositing it Saturday morning. On Saturday, he brought the bag to the restaurant and began to help out around the restaurant, leaving the bag on the floor in the kitchen and did not get around to depositing it, the report said. The man said he went to deposit all the weekend’s deposits on Sunday evening and found Fridays’ deposit was missing. The man provided deputies with a list of employees who were working Saturday, the report said.
• LARCENY: A Forest Lake Drive woman reported Monday that sometime since June 9, someone stole several pieces of jewelry from her jewelry drawer. The items, including a gold pinkie ring, a diamond ring and a Rolex watch, are worth about $5,537, the report said.
City of Lockport
Ray T.Boyer, September 19, 2021, of Lockport, NY. Mr. Boyer had retired from GM, Harrison Radiator Dive. and was their first UAW Health & Safety Representative. He was a member of the South Lockport Elks Lodge #41, the South Lockport Vol. Fire Co. (Exempt) and Red Jacket Lodge #646 F&…
This Week's Circulars
- Harrison Lofts project gaining momentum
- Lockport police investigating fatal motorcycle crash
- Local man awarded Liberty Medal for saving 2-year old's life
- Taxing situation for some in Lockport school district
- Stover, Kibler make Lockport Umpires Hall
- 'Killer drone' protest targets NFARS
- LHS back in the homecoming spirit
- Rare insect found in Niagara Gorge
- Lockport Lions roar past North Tonawanda for first win of the season
- Bi-plane makes rough landing in cornfield
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.