City of Lockport
• SHOPLIFTING: Jermaine R. Webster, 28, 101 Vine St., lower, was charged Thursday afternoon with petit larceny. A clerk at Rite Aid on Washburn Street told police Webster tried to steal a 25-inch Phillips phone cord, worth $9.99, by ripping the cord out of the package and putting it in his pocket. An employee confronted Webster, and he allegedly pulled the cord out of his pocket, tossed it on the counter and left the store. The employee saw Webster walking east on East Avenue. Officers went to Webster’s home and spoke to a family member, who told them she’d get him to turn himself in. He later called police and told them to pick him up, and he was arrested without incident, the report said. He was held in lieu of $250 bail.
Town of Lockport
• SHOPLIFTING: Brandi M. Haylett, 16, 6577 Heather Drive, was charged Thursday morning with petit larceny. An employee at Walmart on South Transit Road told deputies that Haylett put a package of mascara and a package of plastic fingernails, together worth $13.88, in her coat pocket and tried to leave the store without paying. Haylett was released on an appearance ticket and is due Dec. 9 in Lockport Town Court.
• ATV VIOLATION: Kyle Thurston, 18, 4651 Thrall Road, Lockport, was charged Wednesday afternoon with operating an ATV on a public highway, driving without a valid license, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, speeding and an unsafe tire violation. Deputies reportedly saw Thurston driving his ATV on Thrall Road, and he allegedly refused to stop. After a short time, he reportedly stopped and was issued tickets. His ATV was towed, and Thurston was released on his own recognizance.
City of Lockport
Lois M. Pepenhagen, age 79, of Wilson, wife of Walter Pepenhagen, entered into rest on Saturday, September 18, 2021, at Lockport Rehab in Lockport, NY. Lois was born on November 29, 1941, in Niagara Falls, NY. She is the daughter of the late Nicholas and the late Bernice (McClelland) Braas. …
This Week's Circulars
- Police chase ends in Lockport after kidnapping reported in Orleans County
- Orleans DA releases kidnapping information
- Lockport schools report COVID-19 cases
- Newfane cafe plans hit roadblock
- Two Lockport men killed in Genesee County crash
- Olcott breakwall ahead of schedule and already doing its job
- Lockport's Logan Wendt proves himself as one of Section VI's top tight ends
- Questions remain on future of ENH building
- Second teen charged in Lockport man's murder
- 'Lockport Connection' aids Save-A-Pet
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.