City of Lockport
— CHARGED: Ocie L. Whiteside, 39, 444 Sherman St., Buffalo, was charged Wednesday night with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and driving without insurance or registration after police pulled him over on Main Street. A check of DMV records revealed Whiteside's driver's license had been suspended for an insurance lapse, reports said.
— PETIT LARCENY: A Lockport-Olcott Road man called deputies Thursday morning to report that sometime over the previous week, several items were stolen from his car. The man told deputies his unlocked car, which was parked in his driveway, was entered, with a camera, binoculars and $20 in loose change taken. The total value of the items was estimated at $819 and no suspects were identified in the report.
— BURGLARY: A Main Street man called deputies Thursday morning to report that his house had been broken into and a rifle was stolen. The man told deputies that his home had been the recent subject of a similar burglary where guns had been stolen, but the suspects left behind a Winchester 20-gauge shotgun, which had since been taken. The suspects apparently got into the house through an unlocked back door, reports said. The shotgun was worth $500 and no suspects were identified in either incident, reports said.
City of Lockport
John W. Sanney, June 14, 2021. Relatives and friends may call Thursday, June 17th from 4-7 PM in Prudden & Kandt Funeral Home, 242 Genesee St., Lockport. pruddenandkandt.com
This Week's Circulars
- Granchelli remembered as a gentleman
- Lockport Crosby's location taking part in celebration
- Helmetless motorcyclist injured in Lockport crash
- Newfane teen reported missing
- Former MLB pick, NU baseball star's daughter shining for R-H
- Solar panels eyed for closed Somerset Power Station
- Lockport man arrested in fraud investigation
- Plenty of voices heard on solar moratorium
- Lockport man flown to ECMC after being struck by car in Town of Niagara
- Lockport man sentenced in murder