The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
- Lockport area hit hard by flash flooding
- ENH surgery center director named
- After potential donor falls through, Gasport man still searching for new kidney
- AFTER THE DELUGE: Lockport recovers from a memorable storm
- Lockport Memorial campus site plans OK'd
- Newest urgent care facility opens its doors in Lockport
- Lockport Council recommends 'Option 3' for recycling
- Man struck and killed by train in North Tonawanda
- 1 person killed in house explosion; cause unknown
- Canadian border opening to non-essential U.S. travelers on Aug. 9