Former President George W. Bush on Saturday tweeted a video encouraging Americans to be their best selves during the coronavirus pandemic.
"We serve our neighbor by separating from them," Bush said in the video. "We cannot allow physical separation to become emotional isolation. This requires us to not only be compassionate but creative in our outreach."
He added, "Let us remember empathy and simple kindness are essential, powerful tools of national recovery. Even at an appropriate social distance, we can find the way to be present in the lives of others. ... In the final analysis, we are not partisan combatants. We're human beings, equally vulnerable and equally wonderful in the sight of God."
This Week's Circulars
Alfred L. Lajoie III passed away May 20, 2020. Son of the late Alfred and Linda. Private services where held. Please visit Taylorandreynolds.com
- Two GM workers test for COVID
- Attorney: No active virus cases at Newfane Rehab
- Lockport school officials send out inaccurate mailer on upcoming vote
- Down on the Corner: Offering a scoop after slight delay
- Lockport's secret trail: Lytle Nature Preserve
- BOB CONFER: Cuomo reimagines education badly
- Teen flown to ECMC after dirt bike strikes car in Lewiston
- Eastern Niagara Hospital sues for CARES Act funding
- Schoellkopf Health Center's COVID-19 cases rise to 19
- Western New York enters 'Phase 1'