A Lockport woman is in custody after she led multiple law enforcement agencies on a high-speed chase along Route 31 from Niagara Falls to her home town this past Friday.

Sincere R. Wiley, 26, 145 Green St., faces two dozen charges ranging from criminal misdemeanors to traffic violations as a result of the incident that exploded without warning when Niagara Falls police were called to check on the welfare of an individual near Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center.

When officers arrived, they said Wiley began interfering in their investigation by yelling obscenities at them and hurling threats. Officers said they attempted to “calm down” Wiley, who was in the driver’s seat of a red Ford Fusion, but that her “hostile and outrageous behavior continued.”

Police said as they approached Wiley’s car, she yelled at them, “Don’t come over (expletive). I’m a pistol permit holder. I have a gun. I feel endangered for my life, so I’m going to shoot you if you come closer.”

At that point, roughly 4:35 a.m., the officers told Wiley to leave the area, but she continued to drive, in a slow circle, around the officers, who were in the hospital emergency room parking lot. While the officers said Wiley did not display a gun, their noted that her hands were hidden inside her vehicle and she continued to threaten to shoot them.

When additional officers arrived, Wiley stopped her car on the 1000 block of Walnut Avenue, blocking traffic, and screamed at police, “Go (expletive) yourself pig. Get rid of the (expletive) vest and those cuffs and then we’ll talk.”

Officers then tried to stop Wiley’s car, but she drove off at what was described as “a high rate of speed.” Officers followed Wiley as she “unlawfully fled from officers, breaking multiple New York State Traffic Laws.”

As Wiley left Niagara Falls city limits, at Witmer and Military roads, Town of Niagara Police officers and New York State troopers picked up the chase. They were joined by Niagara County Sheriff’s deputies on Route 31 near Buffalo Street.

At that time, radar showed that Wiley was traveling 62 mph in a 45 mph zone. Deputies said when they joined the chase Wiley began to drive at speeds in excess of 100 mph.

Her pursuers said Wiley weaved across the center line of the roadway several times and ran at least one red traffic light.

Lockport police attempted to stop Wiley as she entered the Lock City and crashed her car on Park Avenue. Wiley ran from the accident scene and was located a short distance away, on the 500 block of Park Avenue, hiding under a parked car.

Officers and deputies said Wiley, who is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 210 pounds, fought with them, resisting arrest, and they had to use a Taser before she was taken into custody.

The arresting officers said Wiley accused them of abuse, racism and sexual harassment.

Lockport police, who searched Wiley’s car after the crash, found a black case that contained what appeared to be a quantity of heroin as well as some marijuana and a safe. Niagara County Drug Task Force investigators were called in and said Wiley may face drug charges after substances taken from the car are tested.