City of Lockport

• RESISTING: Harry C. Erickson III, 28, 182 S. Transit St., was charged Sunday afternoon with resisting arrest, second-degree obstructing governmental administration, third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, second-degree criminal impersonation, drinking an alcoholic beverage in a car and a parking violation. Officers responded to Lock Street for a report of a suspicious vehicle on July 14 and found Erickson sitting in the driver’s seat of a car. He reportedly told them his name was Jesse Erickson and he was there to visit a friend. Officers asked if there were any drugs in the car, and Erickson allegedly began yelling obscenities. While being arrested, he allegedly refused a command to get into the police car and had to be physically detained. He was arrested Sunday on a warrant.


• FIGHT: Three people — Elizabeth D. Connearney, 38, 2728 Main St., Apt. 1; Keith S. Ferguson, 29, 2812 Main St.; and Edmund F. Merchant, 2728 Main St., Apt. 1 — were each charged with second-degree harassment Friday afternoon after an altercation on Main Street. Ferguson reportedly said he has an ongoing dispute with Connearney, whom he said has been harassing his mother about an outstanding debt. He said he saw Connearney and Merchant walking on Main Street and stopped his car to talk to them. A verbal argument ensued, followed by a physical fight. Ferguson said he was pushed down and Merchant and Connearney got on top of him and struck him, possibly with brass knuckles. Ferguson got away and called 911. Connearney called later to report the incident as well, telling deputies Ferguson had grabbed her by the throat and she and Merchant had fallen to the ground on top of Ferguson. Deputies reported seeing bruises on both Ferguson and Connearney. Merchant denied owning brass knuckles, the report said. All were issued appearance tickets and are due Monday in Newfane Town Court.


• FIRE: Deputies responded to a home on Central Avenue on Friday night for a report of an electrical fire in the basement and found all the residents standing outside and smoke coming from the basement. The Gasport Fire Company arrived and cleared out the smoke, but there were no open flames inside the home, the report said. The fire apparently burned through some electrical wires in the basement ceiling and damaged some clothing. No injuries were reported.


• SHOOTER: A Balmer Road woman reported Sunday afternoon that she heard a gunshot nearby and then found a red mark on her back. Deputies interviewed a neighbor who said he fired his gun at a fox twice while he was 300 yards from the woman’s house, and he didn’t think it was possible the shot could have hit her from that distance. Deputies reportedly did not see a red mark on the woman’s back. She refused an ambulance at the scene, the report said.


• VANDALISM: A Lower Mountain Road woman reported Sunday morning that someone scratched the side of her car with a sharp object. The damage to the paint is estimated at $300, the report said.


• LARCENY: An Alder Creek Drive man reported Monday that someone stole a subwoofer, a cassette adapter, several CDs and an MP3 player from his unlocked car overnight. The stolen items are worth $1,069, the report said.

Recommended for you