Police are still investigating gunfire that disrupted Halloween night festivities in Lockport’s North End.
On Thursday, police didn’t say whether a Niagara Falls man arrested on Wednesday has ties to the shootings.
Chad Egger, 18, 1610 Ferry Ave., was pulled over by police in the 1600 block of Niagara Street because his car fit the description of one witnesses say was involved in Tuesday night’s shooting.
During a search of the vehicle, police found an unloaded .38-caliber Colt Revolver under the passenger seat.
Egger claimed the gun did not belong to him. He was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Egger’s car was one of two that witnesses reported seeing at the scene of the gunfire.
The first report of shots fired on Tuesday came from the corner of North Transit and Green streets at about 6:30 p.m. There, witnesses reported seeing a black man dressed in a white shirt, firing a handgun at a crowd of people in the street, police say.
At the second scene, Washington and Gooding streets, shots were reportedly heard at 8:30 p.m. Witnesses there reported seeing a black male with a muscular build and a shaved head running away from the scene, as well as two vehicles — a small black car and a white four-dour hatchback-type car — leaving the scene.
The white car was found later that night with two bullet holes in it.
Police are asking anyone with information on the gunfire to call the Lockport Detective Division at 439-6666.
John W. Sanney, June 14, 2021. Relatives and friends may call Thursday, June 17th from 4-7 PM in Prudden & Kandt Funeral Home, 242 Genesee St., Lockport. pruddenandkandt.com
This Week's Circulars
- Granchelli remembered as a gentleman
- Lockport Crosby's location taking part in celebration
- Helmetless motorcyclist injured in Lockport crash
- Newfane teen reported missing
- Former MLB pick, NU baseball star's daughter shining for R-H
- Solar panels eyed for closed Somerset Power Station
- Lockport man arrested in fraud investigation
- Plenty of voices heard on solar moratorium
- Lockport man flown to ECMC after being struck by car in Town of Niagara
- Lockport man sentenced in murder