Leadership Niagara honored six of its best and brightest, including the organization's 2019 leader of the year, during a luncheon held Friday in Niagara Falls.
Individuals and organizations receiving awards during the luncheon, held at the DoubleTree by Hilton, were recognized for exemplifying the organization’s mission and core values and working toward strengthening the community.
The Rev. Father James Maher, the 26th president of Niagara University, received the Leader of the Year Award for 2019. In addition, the following additions were honored as follows:
• Lifetime Achievement Award - Kenneth Sass, LN ’97, Pinnacle Community Services (Ret.);
• Organization of the Year - Niagara Falls Boys and Girls Club;
• Distinguished Alumni - Bonnie Kane, Ph.D., LN ’17, Niagara Falls City School District;
• Emerging Leader - Alicia Laible-Kenyon, Elderwood Health Plan (Niagara Advantage) and
• Youth Leader - Ethan Menges, LYNC ’19, Lockport High School.