Once upon a time, a merry band of restaurant professionals opened a charming restaurant in a forgotten industrial community adjacent to the Niagara River.
On Monday night, after watching our two candidates for Mayor take questions from local journalists for an hour at the Keenan Center, I sat down to write a column about how lucky we were are here in Lockport. It seemed that Mayor Michelle Roman and challenger David Wohleben were both strong c…
When fire destroyed a Niagara Falls apartment building on May 24, 2019, your American Red Cross was there. Volunteers Betsy Crocker and Sharon Daut responded directly to the scene on Ontario Avenue, meeting with three families who had just lost everything in the blink of an eye, including an…
If navigating New York state’s cashless toll system on Grand Island has been a frustrating experience for you, then remember the names Carl Kettle, Larry Biesuz Jr. and David Tredo.
This Week's Circulars
- Couple charged in Tuesday's Boulevard chase no strangers to police pursuits
- Inside a KKK murder plot: Grab him up, take him to the river
- BOB CONFER: Niagara’s volunteers provided hope in a disaster
- Driver charged after one-car crash, fire on Route 31
- Push is on to restore Delphi pensions
- Apartment fire reported in Newfane
- Central NY gas station cited after cars break down after filling up
- State official coming meeting with Lockport about Brother's Keeper grant
- Team Rubicon combats flood damage in Lockport
- Two in custody after Boulevard chase