Former New York State senator Malcolm Smith was convicted of bribery and extortion last week, only 10 days after the arrest of Sheldon Silver, the now-former state Assembly majority leader, on corruption charges took even seasoned observers of our swampy state capitol by surprise.
This Week's Circulars
- Fundraisers organized in wake of Robinson Road apartment house fire
- Lockport family admits to gang assault
- Somerset Operating Company to close in 90 days
- Fire fought at Robinson Road apartment house
- 'Today Show' appearance is dream come true for Lockport author
- Lockport's Darrell, Cheatham back together with D'Youville basketball
- Harrison Place Building 3 eyed for lofts
- 'Commander Tom' lives on
- Mike Outten: 'War is on to save Hartland'
- On-ice altercation prompted by ref's calls