RANSOMVILLE — Local race car drivers dominated the action throughout Friday night’s sizzling race card at Ransomville Speedway.
Medina’s Jesse Cotriss won his first Krown Undercoating Modified feature of the DIRT season as Modern Disposal, JetPort Lounge, Niagara Lazy Lakes Resort, United Materials, and Telco Construction presented the racing action.
Wilson’s Chris Burek won his second Investors Service Sportsman feature of the season. “The Huckster” Cory Sawyer of Niagara Falls won his fourth KiPo Chevrolet Street Stock feature of the season, Cole Susice of Ransomville earned his second Gippsters Collision 4 Bangers feature win of the season and Bubby Pawlak of Wilson scored his first Stevenson’s Hardware Novice Sportsman feature victory of the season.
Qualifying heat race winners Cotriss and Matt Farnham were on the front row for the modifieds feature event with Cotriss in the lead with Scott Kerwin moving into second place at the end of the opening lap.
Erick Rudolph would pass last week’s winner, Allan Wills, to enter the top five on lap four. Jeff McGinnis would work his way by Kerwin to move into second place, as Cotriss would lead by three seconds. Greg Martin spun out in turn four to bring out the yellow caution on lap eight, erasing the 3.1-second lead that Cotriss had on the field. On the restart, Cotriss would continue to lead as Rudolph would challenge Jeff McGinnis for second, with Rudolph taking second away on lap 10.
“Mr. Small Block” Pete Bicknell would enter the top five for the first time after passing Kerwin on lap 11 and would go after fourth place running Matt Farnham. Bicknell would continue to trek towards the front of the field after passing Farnham to take fourth place away on lap 14. Bicknell broke the left front after hitting the inside implement tire to bring out the caution with nine laps remaining.
The lap 21 restart would see Cotriss and Rudolph battle for the lead with Cotriss keeping the lead. Rudolph would look several times to look underneath Cotriss in the late going. Cotriss would hold off Rudolph to score his first win of the season.
Newfane American Legion Post 873 presented the nation’s colors, honoring all veterans in attendance. The Bailey Brothers Kids Club led the crowd in the pledge of allegiance and Lockport’s Pete Robinson sang the Canadian and American national anthems.
This Friday night, Busch Beer and Stirling Lubricants presents the #BigROutlawShootout featuring the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Cars. The Investors Service Sportsman will also be on the racing card. Pit gates will open at 2 p.m. The Will-Call Ticket Window will also open at 2 p.m. with grandstands opening at 4 p.m. and hot laps beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Racing getting underway at 7:15 p.m. A limited number of pre-sale tickets are still available by calling 1-844-DIRT-TIX. General admission tickets will also be available the day of the race.
• Krown Undercoating 358 Modifieds: JESSE COTRISS, Erick Rudolph, Chad Brachmann, Jeff McGinnis, Ryan Susice, Tommy Flannigan, Matt Farnham, Rick Richner, Greg Martin, Steve Lewis Jr, Mike Williams, Allan Wills, Scott Kerwin, Steve Schumacher, John Smith, Pete Bicknell, Jim Zimmerman. Qualifying Winners: Jesse Cotriss, Matt Farnham, Allan Wills
• Investors Service Sportsman: CHRIS BUREK, James Henry, Brett Senek, Derek Wagner, Austin Susice, Justin McKay, Derrick Borkenhagen, Ed Cain, Robbie Johnston, Darrell Borkenhagen, AJ Custodi, Zack Sam, Cameron Tuttle, Kevin Wills, Dustin Gorhan, Garrison Krentz, Noah Walker, Dave DiPietro. Qualifying Winners: Cameron Tuttle, James Henry, Justin McKay
• KiPo Chevrolet Street Stocks: CORY SAWYER, Mike Kramarz, Chris Dziomba, Jordan Moden, Brandon Sherwood, Jim Coble, Randy Zimmerman, Casey Jonathan, Pat O’Keefe, Dan Korpanty, Ken Camidge, Bryce Richardson, Joey Zimmerman, Pete Stefanski Did Not Start: Pat Dell. Qualifying Winners: Cory Sawyer, Ken Camidge
• Gippsters Collision 4 Bangers: COLE SUSICE, Ryan Plante, Ashley Blech, Nick Tarnowski, Chad Desso, Matt Hornquist, Brandon Potter, Steve Matson Did Not Start: Brandon Close. Qualifying Winner: Ryan Plante
• Stevenson’s Hardware Novice Sportsman: BUBBY PAWLAK, Cody Wolfe, David Fingerlow, Orval Harris, Ken Washburn, Matt Foster, Jim Forster. Qualifying Winner: David Fingerlow